Friday, May 20, 2011

It's 2:30 AM. I've been up for an hour being ministered to by the Holy Spirit through the words of John the baptizer as recorded by John the Apostle in his Gospel, 3:27-36. I woke up in a cold sweat hearing the voice of the enemy urging me to quit; to just give up, throw in the towel and move on.

It is so good to turn to the Word of God whenever Satan is attacking and spitting out his filthy lies. I was so blessed as I opened to this passage and read...

"27 John answered and said, “A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven. 28 "You yourselves are my witnesses that I said, ‘I am not the Christ,’ but, ‘I have been sent ahead of Him.’ 29 “He who has the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice. So this joy of mine has been made full. 30 “He must increase, but I must decrease.
31 “He who comes from above is above all, he who is of the earth is from the earth and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all. 32 “What He has seen and heard, of that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony. 33 “He who has received His testimony has set his seal to this, that God is true. 34 “For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for He gives the Spirit without measure. 35 "The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand. 36 “He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not OBEY the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

New American Standard Bible : 1995 update. 1995 (Jn 3:27–36). LaHabra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.

It is so so so good to know that the task I've been given as a disciple of Jesus has been given by God. I did not ask for it and I don't desire it. I'm here on orders from heaven. Satan can go to hell! I'll just keep on loving God and people and leaving the rest to God, even if "no one receives His testimony."

No comments:

Post a Comment